Ten Minute Stir Fry
What you need:
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper
- Five Asparagus Stalks
- Two Sm. Broccoli Heads
- One Cup Wild Rice
- 2 Tbsps. Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 Tbsps. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsps. Water
- Cook rice as instructed on box. Put to the side.
- Chop vegetables and put into pan with the oil and water.
- Cook on stove on medium heat until oil is slightly bubbling, then put one tablespoon of sauce into pan.
- Stir vegetables with sauce, then add other tablespoon in.
- Serve cooked vegetables over rice.
- Editor’s choice: Sprinkle some garlic powder on top for extra flavor.
Roasted Squash, Red Pepper, and Jack Cheese Quesadillas with Chipotle Lime Sour Cream Dip
Quick Lunch on the Go (for you busy people out there)
This takes me about 10 minutes to make, and is completely interchangeable with all veggies. I happen to be partial to asparagus, myself, which is why I am demonstrating this as such.
What you Veggie Lovers are going to need:
- 6-7 Stalks (is that the right word?) of asparagus, or your veggie choice.
- 1-2 Tablespoons of oil or butter, whichever is your health preference at the time.
- a dash of slat
- A dash of pepper
- Small dash of garlic pepper (for those of you who don’t have this spice in your cabinet, get it NOW. It is good on everything… except maybe ice cream)
- One small skillet and a stove top.
- Put your vegetable choice into the pan and pour oil or butter on top
- Stir rapidly so the oil or butter is all over the vegetable/pan
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until your oil/butter is sizzling.
- Turn heat low, add seasonings while stirring vegetables.
- Serve. My favorite way to serve these is on crackers with Feta Cheese and Kalamata olives, but that is a personal preference. I often find myself eating them by their lonesome.ta